Monday, August 31, 2009

Bad Idea

Instead of working on the real Purina quilt this weekend I made lined zippered bags. I actually made more than this. I would like to tell you that I am not posting a photo of the other ones because they are a suprise for someone. But that isn't the case. I actually packaged them up to mail and forgot to take a photo.
And when you think something is going to be a bad idea it probably is. For a couple of months I wanted to wash the denim rug. But I have heard people having problems washing rag quilts in front load washing machines. At least I waited until all the household laundry was done before I did it. The good news is I do know where the secondary filter is on my front load washer. What a mess I created. I found 85 cents, the missing button to a blazer and a handful of denim threads in the filter. Not to mention another handful of threads I pick out from inside the washer. Another handful in the lint trap in the dryer and another handful picked off the three towels I washed with it.
Overall just a bad idea. But the denium rug is looking awesome, so much softer than before. I would love to wash it again someday.

1 comment: