Friday, August 14, 2009

Working on the Fly

Working with blue jeans is not as easy as it may appear. The waist band on jeans is actually curved when you lay it out flat. Instead of fighting it any more I am going to work with it. Laying out the jeans on top of the fabric from one of the legs and sewing it down. Then I will cut the size and shape I need. Why didn't I think of this a week ago.
It is very important to have the zippered fly as of the pants so they can be opened to show a little but of the Purina checkerboard "boxers" on the inside. I can't take credit for the idea. My mother is totally responsible for it. I confess that now so when Rex sees it I am not to blame.
I do have a bit of concern about balancing the weight on this quilt. The Purina shirts are pretty thin after decades in the laundry. The denim is heavy, I am hoping I can put the denim more towards the center and bottom of the quilt so it lays better across his lap. We will see how that works out. Now that I think about it, I guess the fly part of the pants needs to be in the middle. I am going to get in so much trouble for this quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment