Friday, February 27, 2009

Padded Bubble Mailer

A couple people have asked me how I make my padded bubble mailers. Hopefully these instructions will work for you.
Start with two sheets of decorative paper or card stock. I have used both with great results. I typically like to use the 12 x 12 decorative paper which gives me a good sized mailer when finished. Although the 8 1/2 x 11 works great for mailing smaller items.

Supplies needed:
Decorative Paper or Card Stock
Rubber Cement
Bubble Paper
Scissors, scrapbook trimmer or rotary cutter
Ruler

** You have been officially warned. These are addictive to make and mail.

You are working with two sheets at the same time, so pay attention if it is the front or back of the mailer as they are cut and glued differently.
Step 1:

Step 2:
Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:
Step 6:

If you have any questions let me know. Otherwise have fun using up some of the scrapbook paper that you have stashed away.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting such a great tutorial! I'm excited to make some padded mailers of my own! Thanks again! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rochelle,
    Thank you so much for the tutorial. I have to mail out all the time. Love it.
    Keep Stitchen'
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! i will definately try this!
    -dimanche

    ReplyDelete