Monday, July 13, 2009

Almost Forgot

I almost forgot to show you the finished values quilt. I knew that I sewed more than a few small bags over the weekend. It dawned on me last night that I didn't show you the finished quilt. It is about 40x40 inches. I doubled the batting to give it a little more loft. Can't even tell I doubled the batting. It is quilted on the diagonals to accent the diamond pattern.
A little peak at the back. The blue is brighter than I normally would have chosen but it works great knowing I didn't buy anything for this quilt. If weather turns better today I will try to get a photo outside.

2 comments:

  1. That's really pretty! I finished up two baby quilts (simple quilts), two baby sheets, and seven drool cloths for Craft Hope this weekend. Didn't make anything for myself like I had planned to do, but it sure felt good to mail things out for the orphans this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of one of my mother's quilts! She loves to work with color to make them look like impressionist paintings. She did one very similar to this with strips of light and dark colors in blocks!

    ReplyDelete