Monday, October 05, 2009

Everything In Pieces

Everything is in pieces right now. Teaching my friend how to sew just wore me out yesterday. After she left, I didn't have it in me to sew anything else.

I knew I had to work on items for the craft fair. So I cut and I cut and I cut. Have all the parts ready for 5 tote bags and another 8 cosmetic bags with hopes I will feel like sewing tonight.

The answer to what I use for the backing of my baby bibs and burp cloths.... whatever I can find. The top left is some buttery flannel I found in the clearance bin at Joanns. The upper right is green minky I also found in the clearance bin. Bottom left is pink brushed satin, left over from Halloween costume two years ago that didn't get made for one of Kim's sisters (long story). And my ultimate favorite is chenille, that is what looks like the frayed edges on the bibs. A little bit of chenille comes peeking from the back to the front. I just love the texture of chenille. I also use just plain woven cotton or terry cloth when it coordinates with the fabric.

This should be dinner by the time I get home tonight. If you haven't tried crock pot liners I highly recommend them. It makes clean up a snap. Total of four ingredients. Now that is my kind of cooking.

1 pound beef stew meat
1 can 10 3/4 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can 8 oz sliced mushrooms, drained
1 packet of dry onion soup mix

Cook all of that for 8-10 hours on low.
Serve over wide egg noodles. (oops the noodles make 5 ingredients)
I haven't tried the recipe before but beef and mushrooms what could go wrong? Don't answer that.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you recovered from your teaching stint! My family makes that dish. My grandmother called it "The Meal." It's really yummy and salty. I love salty! We crafters need more easy meals like that. More time to sew!

    ReplyDelete