Thursday, November 11, 2010

Black Bottom Cake

Quite some time ago my sister gave me some black cocoa to use. It looks alot like soot so I was a bit intimidated by it, I finally got brave enough to use the stuff this week. The only way to eat it this cake with vanilla ice cream to cut some of the intense chocolate.

I found the recipe on cooks.com

BLACK BOTTOM CAKE

1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. water
1/3 c. oil
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla

FILLING:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips

Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, soda and salt. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Pour into 9x13 inch greased and floured pan. Combine cream cheese, egg, salt, sugar and chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto batter in pan. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and confectioners' sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment