Friday, November 13, 2009

No Ruffle

The ruffle is gone off both aprons now. I will try to get a photo of my friend wearing hers. Hopefully she will model it in our craft fair booth for you. My car is loaded down, I will head over right after work and start setting up the booth. I have also enlisted the help of one of the girls at my office so hopefully with the three of us together we won't be there too late.

I walked (ran) through the antique mall yesterday. I never could find what I was looking for to display the tote bags. Well I did find what I was looking for but could not bring myself to spend $90-120 on a coat rack. About a month ago I started to question why I was doing these craft fairs. As much as I love to sew, craft and share what I make, the ultimate motivation was to make some extra money. So I started to rethink where I was spending my money.

It has been really hard for me to find good information about craft fairs on the web. Most of it seems generic, but very little written by anyone that actually lived through it and willing to share advice. I haven't done craft fairs in many years so this is like learning to walk all over for me. Besides all the inventory and merchandising items, this is my list of what to bring along with me. Maybe it will help you plan for your craft fair.

Change- My plan is $50 in small bills. But remember I have a friend I am sharing the booth with. She will have some also.
Calculator
Small notepad
Apron (of course)
Customer bags. It was a toss up between spending $12 for 1000 bags at Costo and using my Walmart stash. The Walmart stash won out.
Tape
String
Needle and Thread
Lint Brush
Snacks
Business cards

Hopefully my items are priced right to sell. Cross your fingers for me. I have another one next Saturday also. Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck! You've spent so much time and effort on this, I really hope it works out great. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete