Monday, September 06, 2010

Home Alone

Now that they are headed home I will tell you. David and Mason left Friday afternoon to visit David's parents for the weekend. Kim stayed a couple nights at friends house. So I have been home alone most of the weekend. Peaceful. This was one of the projects tucked away on my computer I have wanted to try. You can find it on Susie Country Garden. Look on the right sidebar for all of her tutorials. This is the Passport/Travel Purse. Still need to find a button for the turquoise bag. The finished size is about 6x8 1/2 inches. Great little on the run bag.
There is a pocket on the front and...
Even a smaller pocket on the inside. Look down in there and you can see the yellow pocket. Great project for using up some medium size scraps.
I did use fusible fleece for mine. The instructions called for it and I had plenty in my stash. If you don't have any available you can layer some batting scraps. Her instructions were fairly easy to follow if you have sewn before. I did have to read a couple of the steps a few times. On the second bag I left one of the inside seams open to turn the bag. That way I could have a machine finished edge on the top.
Does anyone own a serger? Do you have any advice? My birthday is this coming week. David keeps talking about buying me an iPad. As much as it would be cool to have an iPad I think I would use a serger so much more.
Back to the sewing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment