Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rice Pack

David's back has been hurting him the past few weeks. Bad enough he broke down and went to the chiropractor. He was told to alternate between hot and cold packs. Last year I made a few rice heat packs for family and friends. The kind you throw in the microwave to heat and apply to sore muscles.
So this is the new design of the rice packs. I needed something to go all the way across his lower back. Started with 11x44 inches of muslin. Folded in half with 1/2 inch seams, turned inside out. Then sewed 2 inch channels. Each channel has just under 1 cup of rice. With a real quick folded over hem on one end.
Then I made a little pillowcase out of some recycled fabric. I put it in the microwave for 2 minutes to heat it up and in the freezer for several hours to chill. I need to make him at least one more to leave in the freezer.

1 comment:

  1. The Mickey Mouse fabric looks happy! Hopefully that will give your husband a smile.

    ReplyDelete