Saturday, March 26, 2011

Trashy

Instead of throwing away the Chererios box and the mesh my cantaloupes came in I decided to recycle them into something more useful. 
I can't take credit for either idea. I saw them both  somewhere online
The cereal box is now a magazine/pattern holder. Can you see the black cape in the upper right of that pattern. I have to get three of those done in the next 10 days.  
And the mesh turned into a scrubbie I can use washing dishes. Just folded it over and over until I got the size I wanted and ran a simple stitch around it.  
Got both of those done while this guy was stitching out on the embroidery machine. Then the thunder started. Turned off the embroidery machine pretty quick. Funny I don't mind using my laptop in the storm but don't want to lose the embroidery machine.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking of making a magazine holder out of a cereal box...was it hard?

    ReplyDelete