Tuesday, December 07, 2010

It's That Time of Year

It's that time of year when I start taking on more than I can accomplish. Remember when I bought all those glass paper weights? I finally started working on them this weekend. My intention was to always use them as Christmas gift for co-workers. So I am right on schedule. This also gave me an excuse to scrap the dust off my Xyron machine. The Christmas fabric is from a swap partner for a fat 1/8th swap. The fabric is so my style. Another one of the guys from Mexico is a new father. My boss thought I bought the blanket and embroider the name on it. I take that as a compliment. The double sided flannel blankets are a snap with the serger. Temps in the 20's this week, so hopefully Marcelo will stay warm.
And put this under the category of things I didn't know. Satin keeps African American hair from being damaged. Satin pillow cases and satin lined hats are highly sought after. Guess I never really thought about it. My intern asked if I would line some hats with satin for her nieces for Christmas. She is buying the hats but it would be simple to make them also. We will see how this project goes.
The dance tunics were delivered yesterday. And she had a check waiting for me. Nice Christmas bonus for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment